Sunday, November 21, 2010

Week 11 Multiple Planes on a Paper Bag!

This was a real challenge for me this week.  We had to take a large or small paper bag and cumple it up, place under some lighting and draw everything we saw.  I liked working with the conte crayon better as it covered more area and was easier I think to use when shading was needed.  The pencils were more difficult and took much more time to use. 

This is my large paper bag laying on it's side.  Conte crayon was used as the medium and white drawing paper.  Not an easy task.


Here is my bag standing up using graphite pencil.  This took me hours to do.  Yikes and I am still not very pleased with it. 
One thing I have learned from this lesson is you can't rush it.  You must take your time and draw what you see in order for it to come out looking similar to the bag.  You can't rush art.  One very valuable lesson I have learned through the course of this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment